Top 12 Topics Christians Want
To Hear Taught From The Pulpit
Pastors, to help you prepare for the coming year, here are the top 12 subjects that “born again Christians want to be taught by the Church.”
According to a 2015 research poll conducted by American Culture &
Faith Institute (Dr. George Barna, Executive Director): These are
the top things that “spiritually active Christian conservatives want to
be taught in the Church” today.
1. Abortion: beginning of life, right to life, contraception, adoption, unwed mothers 91%
2. Religious persecution/liberty: personal duty, government duty, church response, global conditions 86%
3. Poverty: personal duty, government role, church role, homelessness, hunger, dependency 85%
4. Cultural restoration: appropriate morals, law and order, defensible values and norms, self-government 83%
5. Sexual identity: same-sex marriage, transgenderism, marriage, LGBT 82%
6. Israel: its role in the world, Christian responsibility to Israel, US foreign policy toward Israel and its enemies 80%
7. Christian heritage: role of Christian faith in American history, church role in US development, modern-day relevance 79%
8. Role of government: biblical view, church-state relationship, personal responsibility, limitations 76%
9. Bioethics: cloning, euthanasia, genetic engineering, cryogenics, organ donation, surrogacy 76%
10. Self-governance: biblical support, personal conduct, impact on freedom, national sovereignty 75%
11. Church in politics/government: separation of church and state, legal boundaries, church resistance to government 73%
12. Islam: core beliefs, response to Islamic aggression, threat to US peace and domestic stability 72%
A link to the entire survey is located on the front page of http://www.wallbuilders.com. TGM
Please Consider Making a
Generous, Tax Deductable Donation
Tim Greenwood Ministries!
Your donation will make a difference.
Use the form below or you can give securely via
the TGM online Contribution Center
Your giving will help us to forward our mission to equip and empower
the body of Christ to diminish the darkness of this world by lifting up
the marvelous light of Jesus Christ.
credit card donation with PayPal |
It is fast, free and secure!
Do you accept PayPal?
a one-time credit card donation with PayPal
"One-time" donations and we can set up to "automaticlly" charge the
amount you choose to your credit card each month for as long as you want.
Just select one of the buttons
below and you will be securly taken to the
on the Word is published monthly for the edification and pleasure of
the partners and friends of Tim Greenwood Ministries (TGM).
this newsletter, website, or other media published by TGM has been a
blessing to you, please consider becoming a regular monthly financial
partner with TGM. Through your financial support, you can share in the
rewards for making these and other outreaches of TGM possible. Every
gift large or small is deeply appreciated and is vitally important.
Greenwood Ministries is a 501(c)(3), tax exempt, California Religious
Organization. All contributions, less the value of any products
received, are tax deductible as allowed by law. (Upon receipt of
sufficient funds for a specific project, support will be used for an
Ministry Resources ...
to Tim Greenwood
Ministries on line.
books & audios by the Greenwoods on line.
Have You Checked Your Attitude Today?
by Marcia Greenwood
is defined as: A feeling or emotion toward a fact or state.
It is our actions, feelings or moods that will determine the actions,
feelings or moods of others towards us. It is then our attitude
towards life which will determine life’s attitude towards us. Now what
does that mean? Everything operates on the law of sowing and
reaping. In the secular and scientific community this is called
“the law of cause and effect.”
Galatians 6:7 says…whatsoever a man sows, that will he also reap.
• Good attitude = Good results
So if we are sowing bad seeds or even fair seeds, we then need to work
towards sowing good seeds at all times. Most of the seeds we sow
are with our own mouths. But initially our feelings, moods and actions
will determine what comes out of our mouths.
• Fair attitude = Fair results
• Bad attitude = Bad results
Proverbs 6:2 tells us that we are snared with the words of our mouth.
Proverbs 23:7 says for as a man thinks in his heart, so is he.
If we have an attitude of failure, anger towards another or just plain
“stinking thinking”, our mouth will soon speak what we feel. So, one of
the biggest things we need to work on is to learn what God says about
us, believe it, see it and speak it. You must be positive, live
in faith and quit letting your feelings form your attitude. The
Bible even tells us to “Speak the things that are not as though they
In order to develop a good attitude towards others and life in general,
we must first develop a good attitude towards ourselves. Yes, we
need to learn to like ourselves. If God can love us
unconditionally, then we need to learn to do the same!
Attitude is the reflection of a person. What is going on in the inside
of us will eventually show up on the outside. Do you choose joy
or sadness. peace or confusion, boldness or timidity, love or
hate? Having a good, positive attitude really comes down to our
love walk. The commandment of the New Covenant is to love God and
to love one another.
How does a person get this kind of attitude? The easiest and most
effective means of forming a good attitude as a daily way of life is to
begin to act as though you have a good, positive, expectant attitude
toward yourself, others and life in general. It does not matter
what is happening in the world, it matters how we react to what is
happening, be it good or bad.
You must first become – from an attitude standpoint – that which you
desire to achieve. Before you can Do something – you must first
Whatever you were yesterday, wherever you are today can change in an
instant – and it begins with your attitude. Begin today to think, act,
talk, walk and conduct yourself in all of your affairs as the person
you wish to become, then you will naturally be a person who has a good
attitude and sow good seed into your life and the lives of others. TGM
A Blessed Christmas
from Tim, Marcia and Tim Greenwood Ministries